Sunday, June 25, 2006

Warren Buffet Charity

As many of you might have heard by now, Warren Buffet of Berkshire Hathaway has decided to donate almost 85% of his fortune to charity. The bulk of the contributions is going to an organization for whom I have the utmost respect for (and have talked about often in many of my previous posts), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

The contribution is going to be staggered over the next several years, but will almost double the current asset value of the Foundation. This is a big boost to current and all future efforts that will be undertaken by the Foundation, which will obviously translate to greater outreach.

You can read all about the article here.

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Buffett I admire you for doing something I thought a rich man would ever do."part with his money" I'm glad you proved me wrong. I was a mid-class worker and donated what I could. I always wanted to do more. Now I'm old and needy...glad to know you are there. needy in Lufkin TX.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home